Sunday, July 20, 2014

Blue Cheese Slaw


As a big lover of cole slaw and bleu cheese, I was excited to run across this recipe.  I've seen bleu cheese cole slaw recipes before but had actually never made any of them.

This one is a bit more varied.  When I first read the list of ingredients, I did a double-take.  It sounded like a pretty convoluted mixture, but odd enough I just had to try it!  Really: cole slaw with cheddar cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and bacon, not to mention the bleu cheese?

Yet after trying it, I can't make imagine leaving a single thing out of this slaw.  The sun-dried tomatoes really surprised me (I used smoked sun-dried tomatoes).  It gave the salad a bit of tartness.

I mixed everything together a few hours ahead of serving time and then dressed it at the last minute.  I have some leftover from last night so it should be good for a few days by waiting until serving time to add the dressing.

BLEU CHEESE SLAW (4-8 servings, depending on serving size)

1 (16 oz) bag shredded 3-color coleslaw mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried julienne-cut tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing

Place all ingredients (except dressing) in salad bowl.

Chill until ready to serve.  Stir in dressing, toss until evenly coated.

Recipe Source: www.publix.com/aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment