Thursday, July 3, 2014

Creamy Smoked Salmon Spread


It's been quite a while since I've made a smoked salmon dip, but when looking for recipes using fresh dill, I ran across this one.  It's a bit different than the one I usually make but every bit as good.

I have always use a hot-smoked salmon versus the cold-smoked (lox).  Someday I'm going to have to try the cold version.  I found this recipe on AllRecipes but made some adjustments to suit my tastes.  The recipe below is what I ended up using.

CREAMY SMOKED SALMON SPREAD (makes about 1 cup)

6 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp capers
1 Tbsp caper juice
1 green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced

Process cream cheese in a food processor to soften completely.  Add salmon, caper, caper juice, green onion, dill, whipping cream, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and lemon juice.  Process until creamy and smooth.

Recipe adapted from:  www.allrecipes.com "The Best Smoked Salmon Spread"

AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:  TOMORROW IS 4th of JULY and NATHAN'S HOT DOG EATING CONTEST!!!!  Be sure to catch it on ESPN tomorrow at Noon (EDT).  It's a hoot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment