Monday, September 22, 2014

Mango-Lime Lassi


I've been holding onto this recipe since March and kept forgetting about it.  I was looking for a smoothie variation that I hadn't tried this morning and remembered this. 

It's called a "lassi" which is a traditional yogurt-based drink from Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan.  They're generally on the savory side but can be made sweet by substituting fruit and/or sugar for spices like cumin.  

I'm posting the recipe as was published, but I ended up tweaking it a bit to my liking.  Not being a big yogurt-eater, the yogurt flavor was a bit too much for me so I used about 25% less.  I also added extra mango for more mango flavor and a bit extra lime juice. 

MANGO-LIME LASSI (2 servings)

2 cups frozen mango chunks
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp agave syrup
2 thin lime slices for garnish

In blender, puree mango, yogurt, milk, lime juice, and agave until smooth.  Pour into glasses and garnish with lime slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment