Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Philly Cheesesteak Dip


Sorry for the absence of late.  I've been busy with "Gone Girl."  Have you read it?  You can't put it down!  I can hardly wait to see the movie.  I can absolutely see Ben Affleck as Nick.  More turns and twists than I can remember.  I met a woman the other day who read it in one day....she simply couldn't put it down.  Great rainy day read.

However, I did find time the other day to make another game-day appetizer.  I am posting the recipe as I found it, however, it was a tad too cheesy for my taste.  I think I'd leave out the Cheez Whiz and add a tad more cream cheese to make it creamier.  Also, this entire recipe would make a ton, so i cut the recipe in half.

Serve it with crostini or with tortilla chips during a good football game.

PHILLY CHEESESTEAK DIP (20-22 servings)

3 Tbsp EVOO
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
2# cheesesteak meat (ribeye or top round, recommended), frozen, and chopped into 1" pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1# cream cheese, cut into 2" chunks (I used reduced-fat)
1 (15 oz) jar Cheez Whiz dip
1# Velveeta, cut into 1" chunks
baguettes, cut into 1/4" pieces, brushed with EVOO and baked at 325F for 15-20 minutes or tortilla chips, for serving

Pour the oil into a preheated large skillet.  Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender, 6-8 minutes.  Add the meat, S&P, Worcestershire sauce and cook, covered, stirring a couple of times for 8-10 minutes until meat is cooked through.

Add the cream cheese, Cheez Whiz, and Velveeta.  Cook stirring constantly, until melted, combined, and warmed.  Keep dip on a warm serving or put into a crockpot on the "warm" setting.  Serve with crostini or tortilla chips.

Recipe Source:  http://www.qvc.com/PhillyCheesesteakDip.content.html?storeId=10251&viewType=gallery&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&pageSize=96&keyword=philly+cheesesteak+dip&uattrmb=LNULLCS4&mt.end=

No comments:

Post a Comment