Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Asian Glazed Chicken Wings




Forgive me for my absence of late.  I've been in a bit of a culinary funk.  But with cooling weather (the newsmaking Arctic blast will be hitting SE Tennessee tomorrow!), I'm hoping to get back into the kitchen.  I know I need to make some Almond Roca for my friend's husband so I can get their Christmas package in the mail (can you believe it's almost that time of year?!!!!)

Anywho.....I did get a new kitchen toy and let me tell you.....it's fantastic!   After warmer weather set in this summer, I was looking for any reason not to use my oven (especially since we found out our HVAC system was shot).  This little baby lets you cook in the microwave like never before.  You can make a grilled cheese with grill marks and the bread doesn't get tough.  Who'd a thunk it?  (you can see a demo at http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=range+mate ).

So, one of the first things I tried in it were these wings and I gotta tell you, they're some of the best wings I've had.  The wings gets crispy but the sauce.....oh the sauce!....is incredible.   The recipe makes A LOT of sauce, next time I'll cut the sauce recipe in half.  However, this time I just saved it, got some more wings and made a second batch.

You could absolutely make this without the RangeMate.  Either grill or bake your wings as usual and then simply heat the sauce until the honey has thinned and then simply pour it over your cooked wings.  Just in time for the heart of football season.

ASIAN GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS

8-10 raw chicken wing sections (flats and drummettes)
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced garlic
sesame seeds, optional for garnish
green onions, green parts only sliced, optional for garnish

Season wings with salt and place in RangeMate base.  Cover and cook on full power for 5-6 minutes.  Remove unit and carefully turn wings over.  Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes. 

Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.

Remove chicken to a plate and discard fat.  Wipe RangeMate base out with towel.  Place chicken back in base, pour sauce over, cover and cook for 3 minutes.  Serve with optional garnishes of sesame seeds and green onion slices.

Recipe Source:  www.rangemate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment