Monday, August 31, 2015

Sweet Smoke Broiled Fish


Hola, everyone!  Thanks for sticking around.  I'm back and rested from my trip to Oklahoma and am anxiously awaiting the beginning of autumn.  Tick tock tick tock.

This first recipe is one I could hardly wait to share.  I had never had cobia before, but if you've had Chilean Sea Bass, well, to me it is the same.  This is a Publix recipe and they call for swordfish or mahi-mahi as a substitute, but I'm not big on fish steaks.....for me, they're much firmer and drier and the sea bass or cobia.  

So I am obviously in the cobia camp on this one.  Regardless, it's a wonderful recipe....I mean, it's got honey and liquid smoke......how could it not be delicious?!!!

I served it with a sesame cashew warm slaw (recipe to follow) and a baked red potato.  Fast, easy, and oh so good!!!

SWEET SMOKED BROILED FISH (4 servings)

1 1/2 lb firm white fish fillets (cobia, swordfish, or mahi-mahi)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 ground (dry) mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
2 Tbsp sliced green onions

Preheat broiler on high; place oven rack 6" from heating element.  Line baking sheet with foil.  Always check fish for bones (wash hands).

Whisk S&P, mustard, honey, vinegar, olive oil, and liquid smoke until blended (reserved 1/4 cup for later use).  Place fish in sauce and let stand 10 minutes to marinade.

Place fish on baking sheet (discard marinade); broil 4 minutes.  Brush with remaining 1/4 cup sauce and broil 2-4 more minutes or until fish is 145F (or opaque and separates easily).  Drizzle with any remaining sauce and top with onions.  Serve.

Recipe Source:  http://www.publix.com/recipes-planning/aprons-simple-meals/sweet-smoke-broiled-fish-with-sesame-cashew-slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment